If you’re looking to have a dehumidifier installed, or an existing one serviced or repaired, we can help. We have more than four decades’ worth of experience and have a team of certified professionals who can perform any job. Call us today on (540) 665-2722 or email us at email@example.com.
Is a Dehumidifier Necessary?
If your home or place of business is susceptible to moisture, a dehumidifier can be considered a necessity rather than a luxury. High humidity can cause an increase in dust mites as well as the growth of mold and mildew which can pose a serious risk to those with allergies and asthma, and even create respiratory problems in those not affected. The added moisture also allows millipedes and other pests to thrive. It is worth noting that your property is also at risk since humidity causes metal to rust and wood to warp which can lead to structural issues and expensive repairs farther down the line.
Signs I Need a Dehumidifier
If you notice any of these signs, it may be time to have a dehumidifier installed:
- Mold or mildew spots on the walls or ceiling
- Window and door condensation
- Musty smell or odor
- Blistering paint or peeling wallpaper
- Creaky doors, windows, cabinets and floors
- Have trouble sleeping due to “stuffy” air
- Dehumidifier Installation
While there are standalone dehumidifiers, there are whole house units that can be added to your heating/cooling ventilation system. These latter systems are highly effective and very practical since it’s possible to control the humidity in your home using your thermostat. If you’re looking to have one installed, we have the industry experience to be able to analyze your property and make a suitable recommendation based on your needs and budget. We can also look at how well insulated your property is, and provide some suggestions on how to make your ventilation system more efficient.
- The Advantages of Whole House Dehumidifiers
- Up to four times more energy efficient than portable units
- Able to control the humidity of the whole house and not just a single room
- It’s possible to select a unit for the exact size of your home
- More balanced, comfortable airflow throughout the house
- Maintenance only necessary once per year
- Quiet compared to portable dehumidifiers
- Dehumidifier Repair and Maintenance
If your whole house dehumidifier isn’t working as it should do, our certified technicians have the experience and know-how to be able to diagnose a problem immediately and promptly get your dehumidifier working again. The key to preventing problems though is to regularly have your dehumidifier serviced. We are experienced with all makes and models, and can provide regular dehumidifier maintenance to ensure your unit stays efficient and lasts for years to come. We can also fix and service units under warranty.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with any questions you may have. We are here to help, and are available 7 days a week, and 24 hours a day via phone or email. We also have a free estimate form which you can fill out and we’ll get back to you asap.